YEAR IN REVIEW
Looking back at 2020, a year with an economic crisis and global pandemic, the Kambria team would like to express our immense gratitude to our community members for your support through all the ups and downs. Let’s take a look at our 2020 year in review, and don’t forget to check out our roadmap below!
- 2019 ended with the remarkable success of the Vietnam AI Summit, while 2020 brought more opportunities to utilize deep tech networks. Kambria utilized our new Offline-to-Online strategies (strategies that serve business goals with a focus shifted from offline to online spaces) in response to social distancing protocols and to adapt to relentless uncertainty.
- In January, Kambria was selected for the “Canal Elite” talent program. We partnered with the Hangzhou government to accelerate technology development in the region. We established an office in the Hangzhou International Talents Entrepreneurship and Innovation Park (HITEIP) with the goal of building a developer community and expanding Open-Innovation-as-a-Service for companies and public agencies in China.
- This was also the most critical time for COVID-19, having been declared a global health emergency and eventual pandemic. All companies from big corporates to smaller enterprises severely suffered from its consequences. Kambria was no exception. To sustain our operation, we had to quickly adapt to restrictions, while ensuring the safety of our developers community.
- Kambria Code Challenge, centered around neural networks, was launched online and opened for registration Quiz 1: Practice. Prove. Earn Rewards. The quiz was a great success with 233 total registrants.
- We launched Quiz 2: Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) and got 255 developers to attend. In deep learning, a convolutional neural network is a class of deep neural networks, most commonly applied to analyzing visual imagery.
- In collaboration with our corporate sponsor, OhmniLabs, we launched the OhmniLabs Image Labeling Bounty that targets developers who wish to build a complete and comprehensive deep learning database for robotic and AI applications. OhmniLabs developed its next generation of Cloud robotics capabilities with Semantic Perception Engine and Autonomy, so there was high demand to accurately understand the environment in which Ohmni robots operate. Thanks to contributions from the Kambria community, OhmniLabs was able curate and label real world images in order to achieve the most optimal performances in their AI models.
- In early May, Quiz 03 of the Kambria Code Challenge was launched with a focus on: Recurrent Neural Networks. It was not only a community initiative but also a philanthropy activity. Kambria donated $600 USD to Vietnam Ministry of Health’s Fund to support their fight against COVID-19.
- Kambria continued with platform feature development and introduced our “Karma and Credits” rewarding system. The system aimed to create incentives and rewards as members embark on their journey of learning, practicing, collaborating, and realizing new concrete ideas with the concept of deep technology.
- In collaboration with VietAI, we published the first EduKATion course: Foundations of Machine Learning. Built by leading AI experts in Silicon Valley and Vietnam, this course provided students with the knowledge and skills needed to start a career in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- We launched the last quiz of the Code Challenge series on the topic of Reinforcement Learning. This quiz focused on “trials and errors” in diverse scenarios with a wide range of activities.
- For our KAT token community, we announced the “Kambria Swap Back Event” supporting a one-time swap back to the Ethereum protocol through our swap portal to convert KAT-7BB to ERC-20 KAT.
- We received the unfortunate news that Kambria’s highest volume exchange, KuCoin, had been breached by nefarious hackers. At least two of their hot wallets were tragically drained, and with it, at least 400 million KAT were stolen. Immediately, Kambria worked on assuring community security and determined that the best course of action would be to create a new smart contract and set this as the active KAT token. A huge thanks to our community for successfully backing our decision.
NOVEMBER – DECEMBER
- We officially introduced the Kambria Online Mentoring Program to our developer community, offering them a chance to be mentored one-on-one by top minds including Dr. Hung Tran (Got It’s CEO) and Dr. Xavier Anguera (CTO from ELSA Speak). Through the program, we aimed to accelerate Vietnam’s advanced technology ecosystem and develop leading projects for global impact.
Kambria is kicking off 2021 by setting 3 primary goals for our community development strategy.
- To complete the most fundamental phase of Kambria platform: Features Development
- To launch new community initiatives such as the Kambria semi-annual hackathon series, project bounty, AI exclusive meetups, Kambria EduKation 2.0, and expert online forum within a focus on Vietnamese developers
- To support the increasing utility and adoption of KAT within the community
For corporates, the entrepreneur community, international non-governmental organizations, high-tech innovation centers and top-notch technology universities:
- To bolster community support with diverse financing resources for deep- tech, innovation solutions
- To strengthen connections between academic partners and technology institutions with the community
- To accelerate R&D processes within organizations, from ideation to proof of concept to complete solutions that tackle real-world problems.
Toward KAT token holders community:
Kambria will work towards strengthening connections with investors and token holders throughout different platforms including Kambria’s Official Telegram channels, to launch more gamification activities and to optimize response time with up-to-date information and customized investment opportunities.
Right now, Kambria’s focus is to positively impact the Vietnamese technology landscape, then broaden our reach to international innovation centers such as China and India.
In the long term, Kambria aspires to be the first decentralized codebase platform with open-source principles that fosters collaboration and innovation in high-tech communities. Our goal is to provide a chance for every single individual to research, develop and commercialize their innovative ideas, while simultaneously being rewarded for their contribution in the areas of robotics, blockchain, AI/ML. Our roadmap may be updated along the way, so be sure to tune into our public channels for up-to-date information about Kambria!
Are you ready to join us?
- Do you want to participate in the international deep-tech community?
- Do you want to stay up-to-date with the latest developments ranging from robotics, blockchain, AI/ML?
- Do you want to collaborate with Kambria experts and high-tech corporates?
If so, then Kambria wants to help you contribute to building your innovative ideas and help you realize your dreams through our robust ecosystem.
Stay tuned for more initiatives including our newest K-O Hackathon and register as a Kambrian right here.
→ For developers: https://app.kambria.io/auth
→ For corporations: https://kambria.io/#get-in-touch