Dear Kambria Community! Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your questions. The Kambria team, and Dr. Thuc Vu specifically, enjoy answering them. Below is a summary of the questions that were asked and answered about Kambria and our protocols during the AMA. As there was a time limit, we could not answer all the questions. If we missed yours, please post them again in our main Telegram channel. The team will get back to you quickly.
How are we doing with the MVP release?
We are actually making lots of great progress. We will have a soft launch of our platform in 2 weeks. There will be a launch event in Saigon at the end of next week. Hope you can join us!
What Is Your ‘Unfair Advantage’?
Our unfair advantage is how we can harness the power of open source communities to create advanced technology in a fast and low-cost manner while bake in the business models into the platform so that everyone can help commercialize and share the profit created by the technology on Kambria. This will create a virtuous cycle to further incentivize contributors to participate and fuel the growth of Kambria.
Are you developing your own protocol or a Dapps?
We are developing our own protocols for sure, to perform 3 important tasks:
– Attribution (how we reward the contributions of developers/backers on Kambria)
– Protection (how we protect the IPs on Kambria so that there is no free-riders)
– Governance (how we allow the community to help steer the direction of Kambria to make the best impact and progress).
We will release our yellow papers detailing these protocols soon. But we believe this is ground breaking because these protocols allow us to evaluate derivative works and protect it. Imagine someone build an arm that can do task XYZ, and someone else modify the arm to do also ABC, and the protocols allow us to fairly and transparently evaluate and reward each of them.
On the blockchain side, Kambria is chain-agnostic. So we can develop on Ethereum or any other chains that are suitable for us. We are considering developing our own public chain as well if it is the best way to go.
Any specific plan and action to gain the community’s trust back again with the project in the “pretty-bad” condition right now, with too many suspects on the usefulness of blockchain technology that helps solving real world problem ? Especially when combining with AI?
I’m not sure if you meant blockchain projects in general or our project Kambria is in “pretty-bad” condition right now. With all due respects, and IMHO, I believe Kambria is actually having a very good name and reputation out there. We are making good progress on our promises and we believe we have a really good chance of bridging the blockchain world with real world use cases. We are developing technologies that will have immediate impact and bring real value to our users. So I guess the course of actions is to continue doing what we are doing, and developing & deploying these kinds of technologies as soon as possible.
How will DREP and Kambria partnership help both projects?
DREP and Kambria partnership is very exciting to us. For Kambria, DREP can help us build a vetted, reputable community of developers, so that project owners/contributors on Kambria can find the right partners to work with. On the other direction, Kambria can help DREP improve and develop AI-powered reputation system to accurately evaluate/score users on Drep. It’s quite a win-win collaboration!
Why is open collaboration important?
Open collaboration will help accelerate the development of technology while cutting down the cost. People can work on top of each other’s innovations, without having to re-invent the wheel. And these innovations will be open to society so that all of us will be beneficial. In the past, there have been many cases in which big companies invent something really cool but hide it and take advantage of that innovation. For example, big pharmaceutical companies that charge a ridiculous amount on new drugs. We believe that is not the way us human can make good progress.
Hi Dr. Thuc Vu, Do we have any working product? Can those products be used by general people or only developers can use them?
Kambria platform will be launched very soon. And we plan to launch couple projects for working products on there shortly. Products for general consumers for sure, but developed by the developers community on Kambria.
Why are we doing AMA in Telegram why not in Youtube?
We will do AMA on Youtube as well. But Telegram is a bit easier for people to follow even when they are late. you will see more videos from us as we get closer to launching our mainnet.
We have seen that blockchain projects are doing better now, do you think DREP and Kambria going to use their own blockchain ? Or there is something like that?
Yes there is a possibility that we will develop our own public chain so that we can best support the projects on Kambria.
Why are these upcoming events important?
We have a bunch of really exciting events coming up:
– One is the SIGEF 2018. This is a huge conference with 100M audience reach on social innovation and impact. From the conference description: “The forum will offer a wide array of opportunities for businesses and companies, as well as governments, nonprofits and changemakers across the globe, to share insight and inspire the global community within the field of Social Good. The forum is also a great occasion to develop a strategic high-level network.” I will be on a panel talking about Smart city and future technology and urban impacts.
– The next event is the CDAD 2018 conference in Vietnam of which Kambria is one of the co-organizers. This is the very first official Blockchain and Cryptocurrency conference organized by the Vietnamese government, in this case the Justice Dep. The Vietnamese government wants to have a discussion with the community to figure out the right policies and right directions to take for crypto in Vietnam. Expect some clarity on how crypto can operate in Vietnam being announced at the conference.
– And then we will have Kambria launch event next week! This is the most exciting event to me of course.
– One more event that is coming up next week I forgot to mention, we are doing a fashion show with our robots during the London Fashion Week. This is the very first time robots will walk down the runway with human models this September 15 and 16, as part of the designer Honee’s fashion show named AI (which means not only Artificial Intelligence but also Love in Vietnamese and Chinese). This is part of our ongoing effort to blend science and technology with art and fashion to transform everyday life. I particularly love the creativity of the designer in choosing the name of her show as well. If we can bake love and compassion into AI (through utility functions and training data), we won’t ever have to worry about the threat Elon Musk has been saying!
What is the relationship between Kambria and Vietnamese government? Seems like you have been attending quite a lot of government’s events lately
There is no official relationship between Kambria and Vietnamese government, and we intend to keep it that way so that Kambria can stay neutral. Personally, I am very passionate about building up the tech communities in Vietnam especially through education. I believe this is the fastest way to boost the economy and improve the standard of living in Vietnam. The Vietnamese government does see this as well and they have been making effort in this direction. Attending the government’s events is one way for me to contribute my advice and expertise to their effort, but this is not the only things I have been working on. You can check out other projects I have been involved for a long time such as the VietSeeds scholarship (www.vietseeds.org) to help underprivileged students to finish college and the VietAI program (vietai.org) to bring AI educational program from Silicon Valley back to teach Vietnamese engineers.
How are you doing on the collaboration with universities like Stanford, CMU ad NTU? And how they will help in this?
Universities play a critical role in our ecosystem. We are building innovation labs with these universities so that researchers such as professors, PhDs, can do cutting-edge research on Kambria technology. Kambria will then help protect these breakthroughs and help them commercialize the technology, so that they don’t have to leave the universities (to start their own startups like before). A part of the profits from the commercializations will flow back to these labs to help further support and incentivize their research efforts.
Is there any partnership with country defence system as your product will help them lot?
Yeah good idea for sure. Well, I can’t disclose any partnership with the military and defense system, can I? That would defeat the confidentiality purposes
How to apply for Kambria and Ohmnilabs R&D?
Best question ever! Why don’t you DM one of our CMs and we can see how we can collaborate! We welcome any kind of support from our community.
It should be common user friendly so that everyone can participate and use case may increase?
Yes that is correct, we want something very complex in technology but very simple to use. We also want to allow entrepreneurs to explore different markets with the technology as well. here is an example, we had a really interesting conversation with a startup that has LED tech for UV light. And they want to develop a robot that can clean hospital rooms, but they don’t have a robotics expertise. Kambria is the perfect platform for them to get that robot developed.
The Kambria Team
Telegram (ENG): https://t.me/kambriaofficial
Telegram (KOR): https://t.me/KambriaKorea
Telegram (VIE): https://t.me/KambriaVietnam
Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/kambria