It is our pleasure to announce that Kambria has been selected as one of the “Canal Elite” talent programs and will partner with the Hangzhou government in China to accelerate technology development in the region.
The city of Hangzhou has developed a large ecosystem to promote entrepreneurship and attract international talent. Kambria is establishing an office in Hangzhou International Talents Entrepreneurship and Innovation Park (HITEIP) to build a developer community and to expand Open-Innovation-as-a-Service, which will help companies and governments in China to innovate.
HITEIP is located in the Gongshu district and was officially established in July 2017 as the first international entrepreneurship and innovation park in China. The park hopes to become a remarkable place gathering high-level international talents to promote technology exchange and cooperation.
With the digital economy as a core, the park focuses on frontier industries such as lifestyle, health, information technology, artificial intelligence, big data, and new materials. It is also committed to:
- Introducing high-profile teams of multi-nationalities with their own business plans and technologies
- Nurturing and incubating technology startup programs
- Founding and developing high-tech enterprises
- Building a first-class, international gathering place for digital economy enterprises and international talents
The Role of Kambria China
Kambria China will collaborate with local universities, corporations, investors and other key players in the innovation ecosystem to deploy ideas into practice. Kambria’s plan includes:
- Opening Open Innovation Hubs and physical artificial intelligence & robotics labs
- Establishing a local developer community by organizing meetups and conferences with local partners
- Working closely with local government and enterprises to create advanced technology solutions through K-prize bounty challenges on the Kambria platform and through in-person hackathons
Kambria Code Challenge
This partnership is part of Kambria’s greater plan to build an international developer community, one of our primary areas of focus for 2020. This past week, we hosted the Kambria Code Challenge, a series of online quizzes and hackathons in artificial intelligence designed to engage developers around the world. Developers tested their knowledge of AI algorithms, proved their coding skills, earned rewards a chance to get connected with Kambria’s corporate partners for career opportunities.
Our next Code Challenge is in February. Be sure to check out app.kambria.io/bounty to participate in upcoming quizzes and to view previous challenges.